The COVID-19 Relief Pennsylvania Statewide Small Business Assistance program provides grants ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 to small businesses that have been economically impacted by COVID-19.
This is not a first-come, first-served program. There will be two rounds of application windows.
The first application window opened June 30th and closed at 11:59 PM on July 14th.
The second application window opened on August 10th and closed at 11:59PM on August 28th.
In order to get funds to businesses in need as quickly as possible, the second application window was the final opportunity to apply for the program. Businesses in the second application window will be notified of application status beginning on October 5th.
The PA CDFI Network will send emails with future updates. Sign-up for the mailing list.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY, A BUSINESS MUST:
- Be physically located, certified to do business, and generate at least 51% of their revenues in Pennsylvania;
- Have annual revenue of $1 million or less prior to the impact of COVID-19; and
- Have 25 or fewer full-time equivalent employees prior to February 15, 2020
At a minimum, the following entities are ineligible for grant funding under this program:
- Businesses that are not physically based in Pennsylvania
- Businesses that are in active default (not on a payment plan) with taxes or fees owed to the Commonwealth or IRS
- Non-Profits, Churches and other religious institutions
- Government-owned entities or elected official offices
- Businesses experienced NO revenue loss and additional cost due to COVID-19
Other ineligible businesses will be specified at a later date.
THE PROGRAM WILL PRIORITIZE SMALL BUSINESSES THAT ARE:
- Owned and operated by low and moderate-income people; or
- Located in areas of need including areas with a population having incomes significantly below the median income level, high levels of poverty, higher than average unemployment rates, or significant population loss.
- Types of businesses that were most impacted by the economic shutdown and experienced the greatest revenue losses.
In addition, the program will give additional consideration to the following factors: women-owned businesses, communities targeted for business investment by state government programs like Main Street and Elm Street, and rural communities.
At least 50% of the grants to small businesses will be awarded to Historically Disadvantaged businesses. Historically Disadvantaged businesses are at least 51% owned and operated by persons who are Black, Hispanic, Native American, Asian American, or Pacific Islander because they have traditionally been discriminated against and disadvantaged when seeking financial services and financial products.
In addition, the program will ensure that grant funds are awarded to small business located across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The amount of grant funding ranges from $5,000 to $50,000. Businesses are eligible based on their annual revenues as documented in their most recent tax return:
Available Per Business
|Up to $50,000||$5,000|
|$50,001 – $75,000||$10,000|
|$75,001 – $100,000||$15,000|
|$100,001 – $250,000||$20,000|
|$250,001 – $500,000||$25,000|
|$500,001 – $750,000||$35,000|
|$750,001 – $850,000||$40,000|
|$850,001 – $1,000,000||$50,000|
Businesses will need the following items. For step-by-step instruction of all information that will need to be provided in the application, please refer to the Application Instructions.
- Government Issued Photo ID such as a Driver’s License or Passport
- Business financial information:
- Revenue from March 1st to May 31st for 2019 and 2020
- Most recently submitted Federal Tax Return. 2018 or 2019 business and personal tax returns including Schedule C.
- If startup between January 1-February 15, 2020, Internal Profit & Loss Statement
- Proof of Business Registration with PA Department of State, as applicable:
- Articles of Incorporation (for corporations and LLCs); or Fictitious Name Registration/“Doing Business As” (Sole Proprietors); or Business License (if applicable).
- Bank Account Information
Before you start your application:
1. Read the Application Instructions
2. Use Google Chrome for an optimize application experience
3. DO NOT submit more than one application. Submitting multiple applications will delay processing of your application and will reduce your chance of approval in this round.
Here are additional tools and resources to assist you:
Application Instructions | FAQ | Designated Communities
Application Video | Upload Documents Video | Complete Application Certification Video | Connect Bank Account Video | How to Connect Your Bank Account